Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Central Market



The Central Market is one of ten largest domes in the world.  The art deco style is amazing.  The architecture is by far the biggest attraction of this market.   It also houses one of Phnom Penh's largest market.  You can buy anything you could possibly think of and more.  My favorite score was my crazy wigs for my race in KL this summer with Beth!!

In the early evening the light inside the building was amazing......

 
Water lilies with the pads holding them together... they were all over Cambodia.  So pretty....
Rows and Rows of useless plastic objects and such
 
 
 
You can buy fresh mango's in the market and they will slice it up for you and put it in a plastic bag.... So So yummy
Flat Stanley sure liked it...... This little guy is going back to Winchester VA well traveled.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this brings back so many memories. Thank you! I see it's changed quite a bit since I saw it last - but it's still the same at heart I suppose :D.
    And it never ceases to surprise! No matter how many supermarkets and malls Phnom Penh gets, Central Market will always be the best :D

    ReplyDelete