Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Krabi, Thailand: Ao Nang

The second half of the trip we spent in Ao Nang.  We felt very disappointed when we first got there... It is very frat boy beachy and touristy compared with our secluded fully serviced basically private island that we were coming from. 

We did get in our groove there and enjoyed the beach, jungle elephant trek, and swimming!

We stayed at the Ao Nang Orchid Resort.  It was nice enough and we had a great view from our rooms. 







This is where our boat docked when we arrived back on mainland.... egads!  Wife beater t-shirt man was our driver... who was a crazy driver....


Saying good bye to our beloved Jay from Piman Pu


On the wall of the hotel.......After we explained this to the kids they asked if we should pray in that direction as well?!


View from rooms


Anxiously awaiting our elephant trek at Nosey Parker's!








Alice cried almost the entire way....  Greta was on the fence and ME... not so much.  I felt very cynical about the whole idea at first ...... since it is so hyped but I had so much fun!  I LOVED it!


Giving our elephant a reward at the end












Ao Nang Beach

3 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow!! Okay, you've convinced me, I am coming out! I have to say that Travels with Charlie is one of my favorite books. Second, I have huge dreams of working with elephants one day. I don't know where it comes from, but they just seem like such interesting animals! Third, this is beautiful and I am so happy you guys had such a great trip!! Oh, one more thing, ME's hair is even curlier?!?!! I can't even stand it, she is gorgeous! All of your girls are of course. Anyway, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Folks, Do not think I am not enthralled by all the family adventures - I am!! Can't decide if I want the "rural Koh Pu " or civilized Aa Nang" style of vacation. More and more I want to plan for a visit in 2012; once in a life time chance for me as well as for you.

    Will I be allowed on an elephant next year??

    The girls are growing up so quickly!!

    Love blog.

    Marty K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marty...

    You are always welcome! We hope you can come. We will take you anywhere that strikes your fancy!

    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete