Monday, May 16, 2011

Where in the World is Jonette?











I took myself on a date last Saturday to Little India and a movie.  Here are a few pictures from my adventure.  The best part of my date was the movie.... I went to see the French movie Des hommes et des dieux or  Of Gods and Men.     The movie centers on the monastery of Tibhirine, where nine Trappist monks lived in harmony with the largely Muslim population of Algeria,  until seven of them were captured and assassinated in 1996 during the Algerian Civil War.  It is the most compelling movie I have ever seen.  My girl friend said that when she saw the movie she, "felt bathed in holiness."  I have to agree.  It made me question my faith and devotion to God and really compelled me to want to be a more devoted follower seeking after the divine.  It also caused me to question my willingness to consecrate all for my God and, even more,  what exactly does that mean for me?  No answers yet, exactly, but I will keep thinking about it anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing film. I will have to look into it! Is that ribbon in the first photo?? Beautiful, what an adventure...seriously! Miss you so much, and yes, we do have Barna doing our kitchen and bathroom and we love him!! He is awesome.

    ReplyDelete