Sunday, May 1, 2011

Our Week in Pictures Part II


The past week has been a series of ups and downs.  I am finding it difficult to figure out even the simplest tasks.  My ups and downs come hourly.  I love it.... I hate it..... Paradise.... Hell.  You get the picture.  Luckily I am having more love it... Paradise moments as the days pass.

I have had a lot of people offer many tidbits of advice this week.  The best advice I heard was from a friend who said, "you need to find your Singapore Jonette."  She said, "you had a Maryland Jonette and now you need to find out who you are here."  I thought it was great advice. 

  Here are a few more pictures since I can't really articulate my experience yet.  I will post more pictures of our apartment when we get our boat ship in a couple of weeks!  

I should have my vonage number up and running (it is our old number in MD) by middle of this week!  Love to all...... 


ME on the deck


ME has been wearing this outfit all week nonstop.  I get the feeling that the Asians don't really approve of dressing up... I get many rude looks and shaking of heads.  Hmmmm


What better place to eat an apple?  This would be the laundry room off of the maids room and kitchen... Notice the open air?  Hard to get used to our kitchen having only three walls!!


Field trip to organic farm.  The guide is discussing the Hibiscus tree with us.


G trying out Hibiscus on her hands



Rice Paddie


Rice right from the field


Taking a break


Note the little friend on the sign.  These little guys are also found in our apartment.  Ugh.


Planting our lemon grass and pandan leaves


A was sooooo hot.  It was crazy hot.






Old school playground


Thai Basil...


Learning some hand games on the bus with our new home school friends

No comments:

Post a Comment