Monday, May 16, 2011

Scenes From Our Hood


Many of you have been asking for pictures of our apartment.  Our boat ship comes on Thursday and after I get our home set up a little more I will post pictures of our place.  In the mean time I have taken a few pictures of the condo grounds and the hawker stalls and shops directly behind our condo.  I will take more of the neighborhood and apartment soon!

Pool in the center of the condos.  Ours is to the left of the frame.


I still can't get over the beautiful, lush, and tropical environment of Singapore.


Path to the lift.


I was trying to get a picture of the cat.... wild cats everywhere.  YUCK.  Typically not on the grounds of our condo though....




Back gate leading to the hawker stalls and shops


You can go this way......


Or that way........


Our FAVORITE Arab place


My juice man


Makes you want to smoke huh??  M said that the FDA will begin putting labels on cigarettes as early as next year that are similar!!


Kiss me baby


McDonald's has kept my kids alive (kidding).


My kids never tire of saying "EWWWW" when ever they see the seaweed shaker package for the fries. 


I couldn't get a good photo of the Malay women around our building (for a variety of reasons) so here is a sample of all the shops around our place that cater to them.


Wet Market


Vesek Day Sweets... (more on that tomorrow)


My favorite hardware store.... Let me tell you they really do have anything I can think of even if it doesn't look that way!


The Lottery or "Pools" are really big in Singapore.  People wait on line for hours to play.......


My kids beg endlessly to ride on these crappy rides that are all around the neighborhood....

6 comments:

  1. Everything is so awesome, thank you for giving us this tour! It just makes me want to jump on a plane and explore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the seaweed shaker fries? I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give me your address Heather and I will send you some! I have not tried it. Just felt wrong to be going to McD for a taste of America only to make my fries Asian...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I sure love your blog & I totally want to try those seaweed fries! I remember they had a burger at the McDs in China with an egg and hot sauce. It was grossy, but worth a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to send you some Oliva :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your blog link on FB. YOu'll be so glad you have photos of your neighborhood from when it is new and fresh. I have yet to take many of my neighborhood but have to before we leave. Those rides are so crappy but Samara loves them too.

    ReplyDelete