Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blessings

Just had a realization today as I was getting off a bus... My first successfully navigated trip with all three.  A Hindu woman helped A off the bus.  Before we got off the bus a Chinese woman played with ME and a Malay man steadied G. 

I realized that if it were not for A's broken foot I would not be so in need of other's help.  Countless people in the city have carried A up stairs, carried the stroller, opened doors, given me the thumbs up, and many other acts of kindness.

In the past few days I have seen so much humanity.  The people of Singapore have a spirit of service and kindness.  Alice's broken leg has helped magnify that spirit and given me an opportunity to witness the humanity of the people here in a way that I don't think I would if I looked a little less of a spectacle!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That really touches me, Jonette. Thinking of you all, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete