Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas In the Tropics: Orchard via Hippo!



One way in which I totally lucked out when moving to Singapore was my dear friends the Hemmings had a dear friend who had a son/daughter-in-law (did you follow that??) who were already living in Singapore.  When Alice gave me her name I thought ya ya.... Little did I know this was the most valuable social contact I have ever made!  Sweet Sarah is the hostest with the mostest, party planner extraordinaire, all things Singapore, friend connector,  and I bet you can even play five or even three degrees of separation from Sarah!

She planned one of the funnest things we did this holiday season.  She rented out an entire Hippo Double Decker bus for a bunch of our favorite people from Singapore!!  All 50 of us!

Here are some pictures.... I have to say my camera is lacking with night pictures but you will get the idea.  Orchard Road is the main shopping road in Singapore.  It has anything and everything you can think of.... and more.  At Christmas they deck it out.... dare I say almost more than 5th Ave?!


Sarah... head of the party on the Hippo!


Sweet Jessie and Dave!






Tanglin Mall!  Home of the bubble snow!













This was my absolute favorite display.....


Tiffany crystal trees... my camera doesn't do them justice!


Marina Bay Sands, Merlion, and thousands of well wishes written on little white (blue in the light) balls for the New Year!


3 comments:

  1. Must be so...I can play one degree of separation from Sarah. I think I told you this already, married to my old boss' brother. Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures turned out great!! Much better than mine. No more complaining allowed. : )

    ReplyDelete