Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Tree - Singapore Style



So many of my friends have been posting their pictures of obtaining their Christmas Tree... It got me thinking that I needed to document our trip as well... Real trees are very hard to come by in Singapore and if you do find one it is very expensive and dries out very fast (think couple of days) from what I have heard.  So we decided to go fake.... bleh.   Much different than in years past.......

It all began with:



Waiting for taxi man to pick us up... Don't mind Greta's funky outfit... Home schooling has caused me to sink to whole new lows on NOT giving a damn what my kids are wearing... sigh


Ahhh... our ride to get the tree


Uncle helping us put our umbrellas up so that ME did not get wet... they care about the silliest things here and then do them for you if you don't do what they suggest.


I would have been horrified last year at the thought of EVER buying a fake tree much less a fake tree at a cheap, worse than Walmart, store in Asia.  But here we are......


And here is the perfect tree.....


So glad Samantha and Kit came with us :)

3 comments:

  1. I love Greta's outfit. I was thinking the other day that I have really gone down hill in the kid dressing department. Too bad I don't have as good as an excuse as you. Just lost my will to fight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we have now had a fake cheapie for our 8th year and it is good for my pride....and for the wallet. (Ours looks like exactly the same model you got. ;) k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Kit and Samantha made the cut to come to GIANT...what a fantastic establishment?

    I laugh that you said you never pictured yourself with fake tree--I totally agree, my standards have FLOWN.OUT.THE.WINDOW....I settled for an ugly $34 juniper tree from IKEA...

    Whatever works!

    ReplyDelete