Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cebu & Bohol : Philippines


The day after Thanksgiving Martin and I headed to the Philippines to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary sans kids!  We had a wonderful time together.  Martin and I have always made our best memories when we are on vacation and completly disconnected from our life!   Our first stop was Cebu to worship at the temple for one day.  It was wonderful to connect with God and Martin in such a deep way. Living in Singapore has made me realize that I took living 5 minutes from a temple for granted in Maryland.  Never again....

Then after a day at the temple in Cebu we took a 2 hour ferry over to Bohol.  We just relaxed!  We chartered a boat for the day and took a snorkeling trip to Balicasag Island.  It had an amazing coral reef.  Incredible.  We came back so chill and relaxed.  Loved this trip.



Cebu Philippines Temple


Such a beautiful temple!  Perfect weather as well....


Pier at Cebu


Blind man who gave me one of the best massages that I have had in Asia... right at the boat terminal :)


Friends... waiting for the next boat


Bohol


Star fish all around where we boarded the boat for Balicasag Island


Uncle taking us to the boat in the back ground!  We couldn't believe that the whole boat was just for us......


Good view of the beach where we stayed


Getting in the little boat to go and snorkel.... Turns out it was a scam and we didn't need the small boat to take us to the reef but whatever...... Martin had to remind me several times that it's a small amount of money to us but big to them and not to get so upset at the many ways the locals had to milk us for every penny.




They had hammocks all up and down the beach..... needless to say we planted ourselves in one for almost an entire day! 




Sure do like this guy!


Back to Cebu and hired a driver to take us around Cebu to see a few sights before we flew home........
Little girl outside Magellan's Cross

Jeepnie... Martin couldn't get me on one but he loved his ride!


Change


Nicer home in Cebu


Mmmm squid lunch..... No thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Loved these pictures, you guys look so happy!! Of course I am freezing right now so you better believe I am jealous of your vacation...how neat to go to the temple. Oh, and I love your swimsuit cover. :) Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete