Friday, November 4, 2011

Bangkok: Shopping!!




The shopping was AMAZING in Bangkok... first stop was for silverware.  We all bought a twelve piece place setting (I have a good picture of what I got in our Halloween Party pictures to follow).  I was on the phone to assure my credit card that I was indeed trying to make the purchase and my card had NOT been stolen! 




T.R. Gift Shop had the best selection of silverware by far.... Thanks Emily for the suggestion!


JJ Market map... this place was HUGE!


Mmmmm our first stop at the market... coconut ice cream!


Second stop... chocolate covered frozen banana...


Anything you could conceive of was sold here.  It was amazing....


I purchased one of the blue and white pedestal bowls from the top....








We bought so much stuff that we had to also purchase suitcases!!




Fried/dried bugs anyone?


Things are getting a little heavy.....



All of our loot...my bed is at the end and is not as well organized but you get the idea!  I had to get an extra 30 kilos of weight to fly home and Jessie and Malia still took half of my silverware in their bags.... They were probably laughing at me.... my first really good Asia shopping trip!  I hope to go back soon for this:  Celadon Pottery.  Didn't know this was the place to get that as well!  Next time!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my. I am SO jealous! I want to move there with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Celadon I think you want Korea my dear. ;) hahah (Your market pics remind me a lot of shopping here.) Glad you have embraced Asian Shopping. k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your posts Jonette! This was such a great trip. And I love how you describe everything. You crack me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this is the best you've done at selling your country up to this point. :) How awesome is that!!! I want to buy silverware one day...ONE DAY IN BANKOK! Wish I was there, we'd have a ball.

    ReplyDelete