Thursday, September 8, 2011

Victory and Defeat

This week ME had a week off of school.  I had a bad diaper experience that finally tipped the scale in the direction of this is worse to keep you in diapers than endure three days of hell and potty train you.  A friend sent me a really great potty training method called "three day boot camp."  I was totally committed to it and started on Tuesday.  The only serious caveat of this method is that you are supposed to never leave the child's side to do ANYTHING.  The first day I was vigilant and was rewarded by her doing number one w/o accidents right out of the gate.  The second day I became really overwhelmed by all of the mess that was accumulating around me by doing nothing but focusing on ME.

Which leads to the defeat part of the post.  I have always dreamed of a blog where these perfect mommy blogs show a glimpse of their real lives... The pictures of what the house really looks like on a regular basis.  Maybe they really do look perfect all of the time... but I hope not.  So during my intense focus on ME my house went to pot.  Dishes piled up, laundry sat, my room remains the dumping grounds, and a general sense of bleh set out over the house.

Day three and we broke, went to the library, I started picking up and ME had a number two accident while I was talking on the phone to a friend in the states.  I guess I failed the boot camp.  Bleh. 

So for now... I am just happy I will NEVER change a diaper (on my own child) again.... even if we will be working on the second part of potty training for a while!

I scheduled a mani/pedi, babysitters, and cleaners for tomorrow at noon. 


And the potty training begins by throwing out $15 worth of diapers.... The book told me to do it.  Ceremony.




Oh no!  What have we done.....


"tell me when you need to go potty...."



And the mess begins....


Second day evidence of escaping during her nap....


Bleh.  I hate not having a dishwasher..... Even some of the nicest condos in Singapore don't have dishwashers or AC in the kitchen's because they are designed with the idea that you will have a maid and why would you want to make her life any more comfortable?!








ME left her shoes outside the door during her nap :)  Everyone here takes their shoes off outside the house!


The throne... Thanks Sarah!


The dumping grounds of my bedroom....


But all this togetherness time did give me wonderful insite into the intense play that ME exists in every day and a chance to have a pretty cute helper all day long.

8 comments:

  1. Way to be REAL! I love it- love the pics, too! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, ME! As for the mess, multiply it by 3 and make it stinkier from sweaty boys, and you've got my house this week. Urk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewww.... Dana :) Thanks Julie...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandma's house without kids--I hate to admit it--Well I do have one kid.

    Just one thing--It's dangerous to say never!

    ReplyDelete
  5. J and M, I want more from the "guest blogger". I would love to visit and have the GB take me to town for a special tofu--one of his choice. I really think your Asian life experience is one all of you and well as I will remember forever.

    Pics are treat to see.

    ME quite cute.

    Happy Birthday to G.

    Marty Kn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marty....
    We would LOVE for you to come ANYTIME! We will take you on a culinary tour that you will never forget :)

    J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, the joys of potty training! I had a nightmare the other night that I was pregnant, and one of the first thoughts that went through my mind was the hell of potty training! Glad we are done. Hope you are soon as well :) I love seeing all your pictures and reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm..my house looks like that the majority of the time:) Glad you're almost there with the potty training!

    ReplyDelete